Eatanddrink Forums
May 28, 2017, 03:26:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out how to contribute to Eatanddrink.co.uk

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: English Wines  (Read 10236 times)
cornwall

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »

I wonder what other forum members think about English Wine?  Being based in the far south-west I am familiar with the products from Camel Valley Vineyard. In particular the Camel Valley sparkling brut is excellent and has won competitions to find the best sparkling wine in the world, beating champagnes! !

I know there are now over 400 vineyards in England. Which other  English wines do  people recommend?

phil
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:26 am »

I wonder what other forum members think about English Wine?  Being based in the far south-west I am familiar with the products from Camel Valley Vineyard. In particular the Camel Valley sparkling brut is excellent and has won competitions to find the best sparkling wine in the world, beating champagnes! !

Is that the one Rick Stein featured on his "Food Heroes" series?

Either way, sounds excellent, although I've not tried any Camel Valley.
Ronnel87Jobard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 01:16:55 pm »

Here are the best six English wines http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/wine/article7142623.ece
Harveys

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 12:33:49 pm »

I have to admit, I am not one for English Wines.

In fairness, I am relativey new to the wine world in a serious manner. I have drunk it all my life, and I remember drinking some English red a few years ago and it was........undrinkable! Honestly!

But in fairness, I have heard good things about some English Sparkling wines over the last year or two. I think it is this vineyard that is meant to be pretty good:  http://www.englishwinesgroup.com/ think......
Leonard Vice

Always be safe.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »

I am not sure. I do not think Wine at all. I had tasted one type of wine before but cannot remember the taste already. It's way too long ago to remember.

Leonard Vice

Always be safe.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 03:33:06 pm »

UPDATE:

I recently taste Tequila and it tastes good - well it tastes quite like a medicine. Just tried it out but I don't want to drink a lot of it anyways.

haimawan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 05:35:06 am »

I once tasted London Cru Bacchus, at that was the last time I had wine.. decided to give up this habit...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: