Eatanddrink Forums
May 28, 2017, 04:03:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out how to contribute to Eatanddrink.co.uk

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise levels  (Read 5769 times)
Sandro
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2008, 07:54:03 pm »

Is it just me?

I find that many restaurants these days are too loud. Some make it even worse with poor choice of furnishing - bare floors and so on - which do nothing to deaden the sound of, let's not be too polite, boisterous diners.
I remember when eating out was a bit more sophisticated. Perhaps because it wasn't so commonplace it was looked on as more of a treat and people kept their voice moderated in respect of other diners.

I came across this just the other day, in a restaurant which was filled with predominantly younger people (under forty). I could contrast it - unfavourably - with a country pub / restaurant we went to last night which was the haunt of mainly (though not exclusively) older folk. Here we could hold a conversation without raising our voices, and we didn't need to worry about our ears bleeding.

What do you think? Do you agree that things would be better a little quieter, or do you think I'm an "olde pharte" ?

Sandro
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: