Eatanddrink Forums
November 21, 2017, 12:49:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out how to contribute to Eatanddrink.co.uk

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that irritate me in a restaurant  (Read 11128 times)
phil
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2010, 02:18:58 pm »

For a starter, how about mineral water served with ice made from tap water. What's that all about and what's the point in paying through the nose for mineral water for some dope to add tap water?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:01:16 pm by phil » Logged
JenHopkines21

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:28:34 am »

Anybody would be mad in a situation like that.
funkfeet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:48:46 am »

Jamie Olivers.

I have been to Jamies many times since it opened in Birmingham and loved it. On the 9th time I went there I had one of the specials, which was Rissoto. When I got home I felt very tired, which was unusual as it wasnt late. I went to bed and passed out, I woke up at 3am with a terrible pain in my stomach and went to the bathroom. I was violently and repeatedly sick. This lasted for a good 30 mins. I went back to bed and was shacking and sweating, I was very, very cold.
The next day I wrote to Jamies from their web site to tell them that although I had been many times since it opened and even become good friends with the managers there, that unfortunately I had been very ill after my last visit and had to have the following day off work. Not the best as It's my company and people rely on me each and every day.
I received a phone call a couple of days later from a young man who was very kind. He told me how sorry he was and that they take these matters very seriously. He said I would be hearing back from the person that deals with these issues on Monday. This was on Friday. I am still waiting for that call and were into weeks now!!!
I have been telling people about this and through friends and work colleagues have tracked down 7 other people that have also had exactly the same sickness after eating at Jamies that I did.
Today I checked my email and noticed one from a lady called Hayley read saying, S'orry we haven't been intouch, someone will be intouch with you soon!!' Can you believe that? It seems that although the service was great when I was spending money at Jamies, the second you let them know of a problem, you are very quickly forgotten about.

I am disgusted at the way they have treated me and I would not recommend Jamies to anyone unless they like taking chances with their health!
melanie14

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:53 am »

Pepsi irritates me. If I'm at a restaurant, I will order a coke when asked what I want to drink, and if they ask me if Pepsi is ok, I'll tell them no. Water please.

"you are the one"
aantha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:17:24 am »

I get irritated when the food is not served on time.

Leonard Vice

Always be safe.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 02:54:45 pm »

On the water, yeah .. if that would be the case, I'd rather order juice. But then with no ice.. or probably water with no ice at all to avoid that tap water.
I also get irritated when they say >> The food will be serve in a few minutes or so yet they spend over the time they gave on serving the food.

petal_icing

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 10:45:30 am »

Umm, waiters forgetting your order! Last time I did get a free lunch though, so a good restaurant will sort it out properly.
Tiffansy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:27:55 am »

Umm, waiters forgetting your order! Last time I did get a free lunch though, so a good restaurant will sort it out properly.

Anybody would be mad in a situation like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: