Eatanddrink Forums
June 18, 2018, 02:17:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out how to contribute to Eatanddrink.co.uk

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vegetarian Restaurants  (Read 15503 times)
phil
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:43:22 pm »

Should I be able to order a meat dish in a vegetarian restaurant? Most non-vegetarian restaurants offer vegetarian options.

Linda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »

Should I be able to order a meat dish in a vegetarian restaurant? Most non-vegetarian restaurants offer vegetarian options.

I think you should be able to order a meat dish in a Vegetarian restaurant. A restaurant is a social function, and should be able to cater for the vegetarians it is targetting, but also be able to cater for any carnivores the vegetarians bring with them. Given the strictures restaurants are supposed to endure in keeping cooked food separate from raw &c... I would expect that they could manage to segregate meat from vegetable sufficiently well to satisfy the most ardent veggie.

phil
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:28:54 am »

I've never seen a meat dish on the menu, ever!

I can sort of understand why,but a bit of me says it is unfair.
Food Lover Onei

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:31:25 pm »

If it is a vegetarian restaurant I would suggest that it wants to be know for vegetarian food. After all you wouldn't expect to walk into a Chinese restaurant and expect to order a pizza would you?

phil
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 11:48:44 am »

If it is a vegetarian restaurant I would suggest that it wants to be know for vegetarian food. After all you wouldn't expect to walk into a Chinese restaurant and expect to order a pizza would you?

It's not unusual to see 'English' options available in Indian and Chinese restaurants. Don't we all love Plaice and Chips and Chicken Maryland?!
JenHopkines21

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 02:37:20 am »

I love those vege-pizzas. Its good way to enjoy pizza when you are a vegetarian.
Weezer123

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:17:21 am »

You can probably eat a meat-like dish but not really a real meat in it. Let me say vegetable being made into a meat-like ingredients.
july08

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 09:20:46 am »

yes, If you want to enjoy a meat dish, you can go to another res to order.
In vegetarian restaurant, they do not use other animal products and byproducts

bistonflature

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 12:54:48 pm »

Online guide to vegetarian restaurants and natural food stores in the United States and Canada. Includes commentary, menu selections, directions, and hours.

www.vegetarian-restaurants.net
Harveys

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 12:15:49 pm »

I really really really would not expect to go to a vegetarian restaurant and get a meat dish. It kind of takes away the point of it being a "Vegatarian restaurant" then. It may as well just be referred to as a restaurant.

As I stated, I very much doubt they would have meat dishes on the menu - it really goes against their "Principle". But you could always ring up to check it out. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: